Friday, June 23, 2006

Know the participants

I would like you to meet all the participants in this Ruby/Rails training programme.

Gaurav Bagga from Pune and a software professional
Abhijit Paranjpe from Pune and a Java professional
Anil Wadghule from Pune, a cool blogger and about to make a career in the I.T. field
Anish Betawadkar from Pune and a Project Manager with experience in VB, Oracle PL/SQL
Ashish Kulkarni from Stirling, Scotland, a Senior Consultant at SAP For Business Ltd., UK
Ashwini Khanna
Vaidehi Keskar
Deepali Ahirrao from Pune and working at Persistent
Eswar Malla from Visakhapatnam and about to make a career in the I.T. field and shifting to Bangalore soon
Gajendra Pingalkar from Pune and about to enter the I.T. field
Gaurav Kotak from San Francisco, USA, in the process of incubating an eCommernce mashup - GiftLasso.com. Plans to use Ruby for the development
Hemanshu Narsana from Pune about to enter the I.T. field
Jatinder Singh from Pune and worked on Test Automation and Web projects
Jai Porje from Pune working with ECMi Software Pvt Ltd
Dhanashree Angolkar from Pune working with ECMi Software Pvt Ltd
Suhas Nehete
Jincy John from Mumbai currently pursuing MBA(IT) from Symbiosis, Pune
Kaustubh Bhat from Pune and a .NET professional
Manoj Sagar from Ambajogai district Beed and a Java professional working in Aurangabad
Nitin Asati from Pune working on ASP, AJAX
Rajesh Kumar from Bangalore and a software professional
Sachin Joshi from Pune and an experienced User Interface Designer
Sandeep Suryavanshi from Pune and a Java professional
Sandip Deshmane from Pune and a Java professional
Shambhu Sinha from Pune and an experienced Java professional
Shantanu Mahajan from Pune with knowledge of scripting languages
Sharif Kazi from Pune with a background in J2EE
Smita Deshpande from Pune and working with Persistent, with background in Perl
Tejaswini Patwardhan from Pune and a Java professional; scored 95% in SCJP4
Pooja Palan from Mumbai and working with TCS
Vasudev Ram from Pune, an independent software consultant
Yogesh
Vishal Solanke from Aurangabad and works in IXIA Technologies Pvt Ltd
Vikrant Chaudhari from Pune and working with Reevik as a Java developer
Shilpa Waghmare
Nick Audo from Sebago, USA and an I.T. professional
Scot Gardner from Pennsylvania, USA and has been developing web applications in PHP/MySQL for the last 4 years as a hobby
Dave Rose from Cleveland, Ohio, USA and a DBA of a utility billing system for a small division of a local Govt.; 30 years in the programming business
Robert Gremillion from Houston, Texas, USA and an Oracle programmer
Patrick Berkeley from San Fransisco, USA with background in C, HTML, CSS
Zahir Khan from Pune and about to make a career in the I.T. field

It's my sincere request that each one of you post a comment here, letting us know the following:
(a) Your full name
(b) Where you are from
(c) Your technical background


First Post | Previous | Next


Technorati Tags:
Blogs linking to this article

16 Comments:

Blogger Jatinder Singh said...

Hi All,

My Introduction goes like this..
I am Jatinder Singh, from Pune, worked on Test Automation projects and web development project.
My skills include Core Java, Javascript, UNIX systems, DB2(I have tried the lastest DB2 on Rails driver as well!!), Ruby, Rails(just started off)..
I am looking forward to learn Ruby/Rails in depth.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Aspirations said...

Oops, seems like I am odd man out here with no java expertise :)

I am Anish Betawadkar, passed out MCM in the year 2000. I have development experience in VB, SQL server, Crystal reports, Oracle PL/SQL prorgamming.
I am currently working with Cybage as a Project Manager.

Looking forward to interact with you all.

Regards,
Anish

12:07 PM  
Blogger Aspirations said...

Sorry for an additional blog...missed out mentioning that I am from Pune.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Anil said...

Hi All,
I am Anil Wadghule, from Pune.
I have just given my final semester's papers in BE Comp engg.
I familiar to C, C++, javascript, core java, JSP, servlets, tomcat.
shell scripting and Linux.
I have started learning Ruby/Rails and too much interested in it.
I am in search of a job.
Finally I would like to say Thanks to Talim Sir.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Shambhu Kumar Sinha said...

First I thanks to Satish for organizing this type of event. This will be really a great help to us to learn Ruby.
i am Shambhu Kumar Sinha from pune. I am a BE graduate from REC Nagpur and have 6 year of experience in java. I have worked for no of project using java technologies and frameworks.Currently i am working in Talentica Software(www.talentica.com) a fast growing company in pune. Last month i have attended Ruby workshop by Aditya Prakash in Symbiosis Institute, Pune. After the workshop i am really interested to learn and work in Ruby on Rail.

6:41 PM  
Blogger eswar said...

hi,
i am eswar completed my grad in cse this yr. Gonna join sasken next month. i know java technologies. nd am interested in ruby on rails.
thnks eswar.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Zahir Khan said...

Hi Everyone,
Myself I am Zahir Khan (not cricketer). Well i have appeared for MCM this year (2006) and waiting for results.
Java is my new love. I have completed 5 projects in VB and 1 project in JSP/Servlets.
Ruby/Rails, i dont no much about it, but i have heard a lot about it and would surely love to learn it.
And Talim Sir, he is a great thinker. This step taken is really great.

Thanks.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Eswar, where are you currently based? Pune or somewhere else?

5:26 AM  
Blogger eswar said...

Sorry abt that i am gonna change places. Currently in visakhapatnam nd gonna shift to blore shortly for the job. Seems i am the odd one out here.
thnks,eswar.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Audobahn, you can start now. However, I will need your name, city, background and email id to send some information. Email me at satish.talim@gmail.com

7:50 AM  
Blogger berkelep said...

Greetings! Thanks for running this.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
We are looking out for Trainers on Ruby on rails. I would appreciate if you could let me know their contact numbers/ email id. Our Company is based out of Bangalore in India.

Thank you.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We just finished a training assignment in Bangalore. You can write in your details to satish.talim@gmail.com

4:04 PM  
Blogger Vasudev Ram said...

Hi Satish and Pune Rubyists :-)

I'd like to start by thanking Satish for starting this blog/course. Think its a very good initiative and I also like the systematic way in which it is being run.

I'm Vasudev Ram, an independent software professional. Work I do includes consulting, training, researching different software technologies (including both open source and commercial ones), developing open source software (both by using my own ideas and by building upon the libraries of others) and writing technical articles about these adventures (not all at the same time :-)

Been working in software for over 12 years now. Done projects and worked on a variety of technologies, languages, platforms and application areas - tech. areas I'm most strong in, include Java, C, UNIX/Linux (both development and system administration), Python, databases and open source technologies of all kinds. Former employers include Infosys Technologies, where I was a developer and project manager for software exports services projects, and Veritas Software (now Symantec), where I was a developer and project manager for a new enterprise product of Veritas.

Feel free to check out my personal web site, which has links to my technical articles and open source software - http://www.geocities.com/vasudevram . I also run a blog - http://jugad.livejournal.com - where I track and comment on, software innovation and creativity that is happening around the world, in both proprietary/commercial and open source areas. Finally, take my PDF conversion toolkit - http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtopdf - for a spin! It allows you to quickly create PDF from text and DBF files. Support for more file formats (CSV, TDV (Tab Delimited Values), Windows ODBC data, XLS) is in alpha and will be uploaded to the SourceForge site after some days.

Best,
Vasudev

9:07 PM  
Blogger Sarang Anajwala said...

Hi All,

I am Sarang. A J2EE professional, currently in UK.
My interest in Web2.0 led me to this fabulous framework - rails.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Vivek's IAM said...

I am Vivek K Gupta, From Los Angeles CA. I am in ROR world from last one year but now becoming more active and trying to participate in user groups, trainings forrums etc. Looking forward to attend this meeting with all of you guys

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home